Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My New Hero

Rewind to the beginning of football season, when I was staring at my computer, pouring over fantasy stats, trying to draft the best fantasy team possible. And I had to draft the best fantasy team possible, because this is a pretty competitive fantasy league with my guy friends from high school and there is nothing better than giving them shit that they got beat by a girl. So there I am, pouring over numbers, trying to amass an arsenal of talent, when I realized that every else had taken quarterbacks and there were none left that interested me. Good ole DA was there, but I wasn't going to fall for that one. I let someone else make that mistake. But back to my problem, I needed a quarterback. And after much reluctence, I settled on one: Kurt Warner. As soon as I clicked on his name, I had regrets. I thought that my chances of domination were ruined.

But as we all know, that has not been the case. How can you not love this guy? I know that I am indebted to him as he has single-handedly won my weekly fantasy matchup on more than one occasion. Best quarterback rating in the league, highest scoring fantasy player - and the man is 37!! What is there not to be excited about? I am acutally ashamed of myself for thinking that he was going to be the demise of my fantasy status.

Keep it up Kurt!

No comments: