Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hey Browns, Do We Have a Double Standard Here?

I want to start by saying that I agree wholeheartedly with Jamal Lewis and his criticism that "some people called it quits" in the Thursday night loss to the Broncos. This seems to be a problem of the Browns - they just can't finish. I'm not sure how many times I've been watching the Browns and friends will say something about how it looks like the Browns have it locked up. I always cast a look at them, letting them know that true Browns fans have learned that you don't celebrate until the very end; you just never know what will happen. That's a terrible attitude to have, right? But in recent history, that's what has happened - it seems like they quit before the time has clicked off the clock. So I'm glad that Jamal voiced his opinion on this issue, since the coaching staff seems to not care.

But what I find interesting, is that it's alright for Jamal to call out his fellow teammates publicly for a poor performance. I would think that something like that would cause friction among the team and the organization. That should be something that results in a suspension or fine or something, right? I mean, it happened to Kellen. Kellen was seen as a disruption for voicing his opinion. So it's alright for Jamal to call out his teammates, but not alright for Kellen to call out the organization? Interesting. Jamal, I guess you should feel pretty lucky that you only criticized your teammates and not the coaching staff or organization. If you had gone there, you might just be spending your week filing an appeal to make sure that you can play next week.

No comments: