Sunday, November 23, 2008

How Sad . . .

Where do I even start? I'm just sitting here in a daze, trying to find some words to describe the horrible performance that I forced myself to sit through for the past three hours, but nothing. I just feel lost, sad, disappointed, confused, anguished. I think that I may have just witnessed one of the worst performances by the Cleveland Browns. I'm just hoping that since it wasn't a nationally televised game, most people will only look at the box score and not realize how terrible the game actually was. I'm just not feeling up to all the ridiculing emails that will be sent courtesy of those who don't understand what it means to be a Browns fan.

But this was just bad. There is a difference between the games where they blew leads in the fourth quarter and games where they just don't show up. Today they just didn't show up. Quarterbacks that couldn't get anything done. Receivers that couldn't hold onto the ball. Even JLewis, the one who always gives it his all, fumbling.

At least the defense showed up for the second half. That was somewhat encouraging, but when the offense is that terrible, it doesn't really matter. The only way we would have stood a chance is if the defense would have scored, because the offense, sure as hell, couldn't.

So who is to blame for this one? I guess the better question is, who isn't to blame for this loss? Of course, we have to start with Romeo and the rest of the coaching staff. If this game wasn't enough to get Romeo fired, then I don't think that anything will ever get him fired. And then the quarterbacks! After Brady's horrendous performance, I thought maybe DA would come in and rally. Show everyone that he really deserves to be the starter, really shine. But no. They both looked like that should not be starting on any team. And DA should've been ready. It was no secret that Quinn had a broken finger, so DA should have been ready in case the whole playing with a broken finger thing didn't work out. And if Quinn's broken finger was affecting him that much, he should have never been in the game to begin with. Terrible. And can Braylon Edwards please figure out how to catch a ball!!!

It is just an embarrassment. How much more are us fans going to have to endure before the organization actually does something to salvage what little is left?

***Updated at 5:51 pm, 11/24/08***
I apologize for calling Brady's performance horrendous and saying that he looked like a backup quarterback. It wasn't a great performance at all, but my post-game rant made it seem like I wanted DA in the game, and that is far from the truth. I feel bad for BQ and the fact that he was only given three quarters compared to DA's half a season. He didn't deserve that. We obviously know who Romeo favors. At least Quinn is getting the start next week, but what is it going to take for Romeo to lose his 'starting position'?

Hang in there BQ. Hopefully you won't have to put up with Romeo's biased and poor coaching much longer.

No comments: