Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks . . .

For us Browns fans, the past few days (ok, really the past season) has been a little rough. I've complained and whined about it, felt sorry for myself and my fellow fans, and finally become apathetic to the whole situation. I'm ready to move on. I didn't say ready to give up being a Browns fan, just ready to focus on some positives.

So in honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to just mention a few sports related items that I'm thankful for . . .

* Lebron James and the Rest of the Cleveland Cavaliers: 12-3 overall record, 8-0 at home. A 2 1/2 game lead over the Pistons. LBJ leading the NBA in ppg with an impressive 28.9 average.

* Cincinnati Bearcat Football: On their way to earning their first ever conference title in football. On their way to playing in their first BCS bowl game.

* Kurt Warner, Clinton Portis, Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Turner, the Buccaneers Defense, Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, Tony Gonzalez, Phil Dawson, and my various other backup fantasy players: Yes, this is actually my fantasy football team this year. Pretty dominating, huh? Especially since I'm the only girl in the league. I'm pretty sure that they aren't inviting me to join next year, so I better enjoy it while I can.

* Cincinnati Bearcat Basketball: Off to a 4-0 start. And yes, I do know that they haven't played anyone that matters and that they aren't going to be able to remain undefeated and that they will probably struggle in the Big East, but it's a great start, so I'm still thankful for them right now.

* OSU Beating Michigan: This one really doesn't need any explanation.

* The Browns are NOT in Last Place in the AFC North: There isn't much to be thankful for with the Browns, but we are not as bad as the Bengals, so that has to count for something.

* Kenny Mayne's Mayne Street: If this guy doesn't make you laugh, then something is wrong with you.

* Warren Sapp Coming in Second on DWTS: He may not have been the best dancer, but he was pretty entertaining. I can't stand the show, but I did DVR it each week so I could fast forward to his dance. Great stuff.

* Cliff Lee and Grady Sizemore: Cy Young awards, Golden Gloves, hopefully a strong season next year.....

* USC is NOT Ranked #1 or #2 in the BCS Standings, LSU is NOT Ranked at all: I don't really have a good reason why I'm thankful for this - I just don't like these teams. Sorry.

* Bill Cohwer Becoming the Next Coach of the Cleveland Browns: Ok, I know this hasn't happened, but a girl has to remain optimistic.


Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: