Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just When You Think It Can't Get Any Worse

I never thought that I would get to this point, but I can barely stomach watching the Browns. That doesn't mean that I'm going to abandon them the final two games of the season, but it will be hard to watch. Yes, I know that my passion for the team does make me a little disillusioned at times, but I really never thought, going into this season, that the team would look this bad.


What makes it hard to watch is that it just appears that everyone has given up. This becomes a major problem when we have no head coach to help motivate them to play. (Attention Romeo - this is the NFL. If nothing else, convince these guys to play for pride. They are quickly becoming the laughing stocks of the NFL and further tarnishing the image of the Browns organization!)

And now we approach the Cincinnati game, a game that should be an easy win, and easy win if the Browns were playing as the team they were supposed to be. Mike Brown has turned the Bengals into one of the biggest jokes of a football team in the NFL and the antics of players like Chad Ocho-Cinco Johnson and Chris Henry, have only helped to secure their joke punchline status. I had been looking forward to this game, certain that it would secure us another victory. Now, I am dreading it.

Just think about how bad it is going to look if we lose, at home, to a team that is as terrible as the Bengals. And as game day is approaching, it keeps looking more and more like something that is going to happen. What a way to end the season of the most disappointing team in the NFL!

I bet the Lions are upset that they don't have us on their schedule the last two weeks of the season.

No comments: